We are not likely to forget the Spring of 2020. Our lives have been invaded by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or more commonly called COVID-19. Old concepts like hand washing and new concepts like social distancing are filling our days. Families have been forced to become closer. We have by design been forced to slow down.
As we listen to how our scientist today, try to protect us with a vaccine against this virus, we get a window into how the world was before we were able to prevent many diseases. Before this pandemic we saw an increase in some of those preventable diseases, like pertussis (whooping cough) or rubeola (measles). It is more important now to make sure that children are fully immunized. Pediagroup Associates, encourages you to bring your children in for their regular scheduled check-ups and immunizations. We have increased our appointment time slots so there is no waiting and to allow for appropriate social distancing. Below is a reminder of our immunization and check-up schedule. We have also indicated when schools require physical forms.
- 2-3 days of age 1st visit
- 2 weeks of age
- 1 month of age- Hepatitis B
- 2 months of age- DTaP, IPV, Hib( Pentacel), Prevnar and Rotavirus
- 4 months of age- DTaP, IPV, Hib (Pentacel), Prevnar and Rotavirus
- 6 months of age- DTaP, IPV, Hib (Pentacel), Prevnar and Rotavirus
- 9 months of age – Hepatitis B
- 12 months of age – MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A
- 15 months of age – DTaP, IPV, Hib (Pentacel), Prevnar
- 18 months of age – Hepatitis A
- 24, 30, and 36 months of age
- 4* years of age – DTaP, IPV (Kinrix), MMR, Varicella (Quadracel)
- 5*,6,7,8,9, 10 years of age
- 11* years of age – Tdap, Menatra, HPV
- 12, 13, 14*, 15 years of age
- 16* years of age – Menatra
*= School PE exams are required. School exams are also required for school changes or if starting a preschool program.
We are still here to take care of all your other healthcare needs. For your convenience we now offer telemedicine/virtual visits. We can handle many of our sick visits as well as our ADHD, developmental and asthma follow-ups virtually. Call us and together we can determine if a telemedicine appointment would be appropriate.
This is a stressful time for us all and the effects of COVID-10 on our lives will continue even as the direct effects of the virus fades away. We are here to help. Please stay safe and well.